Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What Have We Been Up To?

We took the girls on their first trip to the zoo on Sunday (well Miss D actually went the day before she was born, I was trying to walk her out) and while I'm sure Mackenzie was quite unfussed, Delilah thought it was fantastic.

When she wasn't riding on her Daddy's shoulders, she was running from animal to animal exclaiming over each. She will still quite happily tell you she saw emus and a tiger on the weekend. The funny thing is it was a cold and windy Autumn day and as an adult I know the animals really were not on form (in fact we barely saw a monkey all day and it was hard to tell if the lions and hippos were actually alive), but it reminded me just how easy it is to please a child.

In the afternoon Jess came over and practised her superb hairdressing skills on one very difficult customer.

Jessie will probably be cross with me for this picture lol! I love it though, it shows intense concentration and care for what she is doing.... despite the fact I had been considering taking to Miss D's mullet with a pair of kitchen scissors:) We finished of a lovely day with a big hot bowl of Potato, Leek and bacon soup from Donna Hay Modern Classics 1 and warm banana bread from Marie Claire Kitchen.

I've been feeling a little flat today. We have been really busy lately and I haven't had a moment just to stop and sit really. Right now I have two little ones taking a very rare tandem nap and I am enjoying a few moments of quiet to myself. These moments are few and far between lately... but I probably wouldn't have it any other way:)

2 comments:

  1. thats a bad look of concentration.. i look like im frowning!! hehe i will have to work on that face xx jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. surely Delilah can't have been harder work than Charlotte and Lil! I am priming Bastian for his turn in a couple of weeks...he's decided that no he doesn't want a haircut, he wants long hair like a girl. xx

    ReplyDelete