Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Terrible twos?

Miss D is a feisty little thing at the best of times, but lately I am finding that she has stepped it up a notch. I think this is my welcome to being a mum of an almost two year old....

This afternoon we met the cronies and the mini cronies at the park. Apart from a bit of ball stealing, Miss D was her delightful self... but when it came time to go home the monster was unleashed and didn't disappear for a good hour.

I suspect all mums go through times where they doubt that they are doing the right thing for their child, and the oldest is always going to be such a mystery because every stage is completely foreign to a parent the first time round. However, I feel like now is one of those times where it is necessary to get it right because what we do now as parents is going to set the guidelines for the future, and also give us the best chance of having a happy child. The question is how do we get it right? The only thing I know for sure is that I love her to bits but we've probably got a very bumpy, exciting, dangerous and mysterious road ahead:)


No comments:

Post a Comment