Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We flew to Pt. Lincoln for Easter to spend it with Dad, Lyn and Jess. We had a lovely time, and even got to share a night of it with Lauren before she had to fly back to Adelaide for work. The only thing that would have made it better is if Tatum Woody and the kidlets had been there too.

We spent Monday relaxing, and on Saturday went for a lazy drive to Coffin Bay... a very beautiful place, normally very quiet, but the population had obviously swelled for the Easter weekend. During the drive I was a little blown away seeing all the trees that had been bushfire ravaged during various summers. There was a bad bushfire around Coffin's in 2004 and most of the trees on the drive in still bare the scars. I wish I had taken a photo.

Sunday was great... Delilah's first real experience of the Easter bunny, we had a hunt first thing in the morning, which she was absolutely delighted by, I think the most difficult thing about it was deciding whether to find more eggs, or eat the ones she had discovered.






It was so much fun watching her run about discovering the eggs. I think she managed to devour three before we decided to put the rest away for later.

Later in the morning we headed down to the park by the beach on front street where I got Jessie to take some family shots of us. She did an excellent job, there are so many good ones to choose from, this is one of my favourites.
After Miss D had a bit of a rest we borrowed the car, and along with Jessie and headed for Glen Forrest Farm, which was a great hit with Delilah. She particularly loved running amongst the Kangaroos and feeding the birds in the huge walk in aviary. I ran from the aviary screaming as I had a bird land on my head and I didn't want one doing the same to Mackenzie lol!
After a beautiful lunch at the Marina we headed home on Monday night.... poor Miss D had the most massive vomit on the plane. We had to strip her down because she was so messy, but she'd perked up so much by the time we got off the plane that she ran around the terminal in just a nappy yelling "I a birdie, tweet tweet!". Beautiful, beautiful girl!
A lovely long weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment