Monday, May 14, 2012

Comparison

Yesterday I ran the 7.5km Mothers Day Classic. Here is a pic of my big sister Tatum and I wearing our awesome Billy Mac tanks, custom made especially for the occassion.


I ran the distance in essentially the fastest time I am aware of running over that distance ever, 36 mins. Super fast for me and I was thrilled. My big sis ran it 2 or three mins faster, as did my training partner Gemma(as they should, they are both faster than me at the best of times lol!)they too are training their butts off like me to do a marathon. I was stoked for both of them.... woohoo we smashed it!

But then later in the day, as I heard stories from others, something crept into me, I began comparing my self and my time to others who haven't trained like I had, who ran faster and I began to think that I hadn't tried hard enough.....

Fast forward to some rolled eyes from my husband and then a good night sleep last night and I remembered this:


A very wise quote from Theodore Roosevelt that I stumbled across on pinterest a few weeks ago. It was a brilliant reminder not to focus on what anyone else is doing and that the only person I need to beat is myself.

So today I'm back to this one I also found on pinterest a while back:


Because it is so important to be proud of your own achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment