Monday, May 28, 2012

Pushing Myself April and May

I've been continuing on my journey pushing myself a little harder each month to try out and achieve new things, suprise, suprise April and May have been all about the running.... hey if I'm going to do this Marathon thing I've got to have some running goals right??

So first up was the last Sunday of April, when I ran 21.1kms for the very first time, completing the Greenbelt Half Marathon. I ran a lot harder than I thought I would because I was trying to escape two ladies that were having a really loud chat (???? honestly who has the energy to run and talk like that ???), I run for the peace people! I grinned so wide at the end of that race, finishing it in a not too shabby time of 2hrs 6mins.

This is me about to cross the finish line.


This month I had the new goal of a 25km run which I did just this Saturday passed. There was a small panic moment when I reached what I thought was going to be my half way mark (I'd carefully planned it out on google maps) when no, the Endomondo APP lady on my phone told me in her electronic voice that I hadn't quite hit the 12km mark.... bugger, I had to run further. Anyway I did it and I got home in around 2 and a half hours sporting some big blisters, but I still managed another grin at the end, I'd even run an extra 500m just for good measure.

Of course next month I have more running goals, but I won't bore you with them, I'll be back to challenging myself with the sewing machine. In fact I have a very specific sewing goal next month........ ZIPS. I'm frightened of them, and am determined to have them mastered by the end of June. I think I'm going to need some luck and patience for this one, 42kms of running seems a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment