Sunday, March 13, 2011

The 3rd Birthday Parties.....

March and April are the biggest birthday months on our calender for the year, it's when the Mother's Group birthdays are with a few friends children and a niece and a nephew throw in the mix. Last weekend we had two thirs birthday parties, and this weekend we have another two. We will then get a short break and the a combined party for two 3 years olds and the we finally reach Miss D on the 17th of April.

It's actually a tad exhausting LOL! Last weekend we kicked off the MG birthday's with a visit to The Hahndorf Farm Barn for one, where we learned about various farm animals, got to touch lizards and pythons, fed Emu (D LOVES Emu!) and kangaroos and Delilah even got to milk a cow. Then on the Sunday we visited the miniture train park for my Nephew's third birthday. Being a gorgeous autumn day the park was teeming with birthday parties and visitors over excited about riding the gorgeous miniture steams trains around the track.

Both M and D were exhausted from the events of the weekend, but it was certainly lovely to visit palces we might otherwise have missed (though personally I wasn't a massive fan othe the Farm Barn, but D loved it!).

Yesterday we had another MG party complete with feeding horses and alpaca and lots of swinging, sliding and jumping. The most exciting part was the face painter. D insisted that she must have a Lady Bug painted on her face..... and so she did.



Tomorrow we have breakfast in the park (though I am currently on night shift and may not be awake enough to drag myself along).

I Love sharing the delight with my girls on these occassions, but the scale of them have left me wondering..... What do we do for D's Party?

When I ask her what she wants, she tells me a chocolate cake, three candles and a telescope. And really it should be just that simple shouldn't it? She's only three afterall, I'm sure in the future I will disapoint her when she asks for extremely elaborate things.... so while it's simple I am determined to give her exactly what she wants.... but perhaps we will throw some balloons into the mix too;)

No comments:

Post a Comment